Front loader washing machines are a buzz in the market. Gone are the days of the top loaders, where one had to keep checking the machine for one process to another, but required minimal maintenance. On the contrary, the front loaders require quite a bit of maintenance. So, here we try and explain to you how to take care of your front loaders and get you in the zone. So that, when you buy one through online shopping sites like Tata or if you have one, it is no more an uphill task for you. So pay attention carefully.
- Do not close the door when not in use: The front loaders’ door must not be closed when not in use. The reason is that the drum and the door must be completely dry between washes. You might also want to dry up the rubber door seal to improve the process.
- Use quality detergents: The quality detergents might take a bit of toll on your pocket. But, it helps our front loaders. The substandard and cheaper detergents might confuse your front loaders and cause them to function inappropriately.
Clean the remnant detergent: Frequent usage of the machine might cause the remnant detergent to clog up in the machine. But it is important that you clean this to avoid any compromise in the washing of your precious
Rubber Seal: The rubber seal helps to shut the door completely so that there is no spillage of water. Make sure you keep a regular check on this to avoid the extra work of mopping later on.
- Be careful with the bleach: People often use bleach to remove stains on their clothes, especially the white ones. But, since the front loaders use much lesser water than their top loader counterparts, the bleach might end up ruining your clothes if not used in the correct proportion.
- Clean regularly: Dirt and dust might accumulate inside the front loader while kept open between washes. So, it is important to protect the washing machine against this. It is recommended that you clean the machine at least once in a month. Make sure to keep the user manual handy.
- Go for Hot water: If you are too lazy clean your machine, try the hot water washes few times a week. This will ease out the pain of cleaning the remnant detergent. The hot water helps in cleaning this clog and accumulation.
- Is the machine perfectly leveled?: The machine uses an on board controller. So it regularly checks for the level. Make sure that the machine is perfectly leveled; else the controller has to go through re-calibration of the machine.
- Drain filter has to be cleaned: Clean the drain filter regularly. The unwanted litter can clog the drain filter often. This affects your machine’s washing capability.
- It takes time: Front loaders use lesser water with a downside of consuming a little more time. The washing takes more time, but drying is quicker. In short, be patient!
That is it then. We hope you got some great maintenance tips from us which can help you save some money.